Adams-ISC is Now an Authorized Distributor of Atlas Copco Air Compressors
5/5/2021 – Adams-ISC is excited to announce a new distributor agreement with Atlas Copco that covers the sales and service of Atlas Copco industrial compressed air equipment and parts in the following territories: South Dakota West of the Missouri River and the Nebraska Panhandle area (other areas will be handled on a case-by-case basis).
Atlas Copco is a world leader in the manufacturing and development of air compressors, blowers, nitrogen generators, industrial chillers, and air treatment products. They were the FIRST air compressor manufacturer to:
- be awarded ISO 8573-1 CLASS 0 certification
- launch integrated Variable Speed Drive (VSD) compressors
- launch full feature compressors with integrated dryers
- launch an electronic control and monitoring system
As a new authorized distributor, Adams-ISC now offers the Atlas Copco range of compressed air technologies, including screw, scroll, centrifugal, and piston compressors. The most common of types are rotary screw air compressors, which are available in two primary applications: oil-free and oil-injected.
Oil-Free Air Compressors
Atlas Copco oil-free compressors are certified ISO Class 0 – meaning that they are 100% oil-free. They operate without oil in the lubricating chamber, which eliminates the chance of contamination downstream. This means that that there is zero chance that your end-product and application will be contaminated by oil. Rather than using oil, these compressors utilize other types of technology such as water or Teflon-coated materials to lubricate the compression chamber.
Oil-free air is essential to a variety of industries such as food and beverage, medical, and pharmaceutical. Atlas Copco oil-free equipment is manufactured in a variety of technology types; screw, centrifugal, scroll, and piston.
- ZR & ZT (VSD) Series – Class 0 certified range of oil-free rotary screw and tooth compressors. Integrated dryers, VSD, and energy recovery plug-and-play options available.
- ZH & ZH+ Series – Class 0 certified range of oil-free centrifugal air compressors. Available as a complete packaged solution.
- ZH 350+ Series – Class 0 certified, three stage oil-free centrifugal compressor.
- SF & SF+ Series – Class 0 certified scroll compressors with sound levels as low as 53 dB(A).
- AQ Series – Class 0 certified, water-injected screw compressors supplied in a sound-insulating canopy. VSD options available.
- LF, LZ, & LFx Series – Compact, 100% oil-free industrial piston compressors with easy to maintain components and maximum installation flexibility. Ideal for dental offices and medical applications.
ZR & ZT (VSD) Series
SF & SF+ Series
ZH & ZH+ Series
ZH 350+ Series
LF, LZ, LFx Series
Oil-Injected Rotary Screw and Piston Air Compressors <30 HP
Atlas Copco 0-30 horsepower air compressors are available in two technologies: piston and rotary screw compressors. These machines are designed to deliver the right amount of compressed air whenever you need it, no matter the compressor technology. They are designed and built to both fit your needs and deliver the lowest total cost of ownership.
- G Series – Oil-injected rotary screw compressors available in floor- or tank-mounted options and with or without an integrated dryer. They are ideal for small businesses.
- CR Series – Cast iron industrial piston compressor range. Ideal for demanding industrial, automotive, and commercial applications.
- LE/LT Series & LB Boosters – Durable aluminum piston compressor range available in single- and two-stage options.
LE & LT Series & LB Boosters
Oil-Injected Air Compressors: Industrial >30 HP
Oil-injected air compressors, also referred to as oil-lubricated compressors, power a variety of applications and processes in industries such as general manufacturing, automotive, and oil and gas. Atlas Copco oil-injected range include both piston and rotary screw technologies, with the option to include Variable Speed Drive (VSD) control.
- G & GX Series – Oil-injected rotary screw compressors available in floor- or tank-mounted options and with or without an integrated dryer. These powerful industrial compressors are ideal for small businesses.
- GA & GA VSD(+) Series – Industrial rotary screw compressors that include internal piping, coolers, motor, lubrication, and control system – all supplied as a ready-to-use package.
- GR Series – Two-stage rotary screw air compressor ideal for the harshest of working conditions, including in the mining and power generation industries.
G & GX Series >30hp
GA & GA VSD(+) Series
In industries such as chemical manufacturing, electronics, laser cutting, or food and beverage, a dependable supply of industrial gas is crucial. When compared to the on-demand delivery of gas bottles or tanks, on-site production of gas offers many advantages ranging from cost savings to continuous availability. Atlas Copco’s advanced nitrogen and oxygen generators offer the ultimate solution: flexible on-site production of industrial gas at the lowest possible cost.
- NGM(+) / NGMs membrane nitrogen generators utilize proprietary membrane separation technology. The membrane separates compressed air into two streams: one is 95-99.9% pure nitrogen and the other is oxygen enriched with carbon dioxide and other gases.
- NGP(+) & OGP – NGP/NGP+ nitrogen generators and OGP oxygen generators provide a continuous flow of nitrogen and oxygen at desired purity based on Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) technology.
Compressed Air Treatment
Compressed Air Dryers
Air dryers are ancillary pieces of equipment used to remove excess moisture from compressed air. Dryers can either be integrated into the air compressor or standalone; however an integrated dryer results in a reduced footprint. There are three types of dryer design technology:
Refrigerated Dryers (F, FX, FD, FD VSD(+)) – Cool the compressed air, which allows a large amount of water to condensate and separate. They are the most common dryer technology.
Desiccant Dryers (AB, BD, CD(+)) – Moist, compressed air flows over hygroscopic material (desiccant) and is subsequently dried. They are ideal for applications that require extremely dry, clean air.
Membrane Dryers (SD) – Filtered, wet compressed air enters cylinders that contain thousands of hollow polymer fibers. The membrane coating allows water vapor to permeate the membrane wall and collect between the fibers, while the dry air continues through the fibers in the cylinder at almost the same pressure as the incoming wet air.
F, FX, FD VSD(+) Refrigerated Air Dryers
AD, BD, CD(+) Desiccant Air Dryers
SD Membrane Air Dryers
Compressed Air Filters
Compressed air filters ensure the quality of compressed air by working to remove contaminants, particles, water and oil vapor, and aerosols.
- Particulate Filters (DDp(+)/PDp(+)) – Effective in removing dry, solid particles from compressed air. ISO 8573-1:2010 can be used to specify the level needed of solid particle removal.
- Coalescing Filters (DD(+)/PD(+), UD(+)) – Coalesces small drops of liquid into bigger droplets. The large droplets fall from the filter into a moisture trap.
- Vapor Removal Filters (QDT, QD(+), SFA, H) – Uses absorption to capture and remove gaseous contaminants that pass through a coalescing filter.
SFA Silicone Free Filters
DDp(+), PDp(+) Dry Dust Filters
QDT Activated Carbon Tower
UD+ Oil Coalescing Filters
H Series High Pressure Filters
QD(+) Oil Vapor Filters
DD(+), PD(+) Oil Coalescing Filters
BAP(+) Breathing Air Purifier
Aftercoolers (HD, TD)
Aftercoolers are often built into compressors, aftercoolers are heat exchangers that cool the compressed air. This lets the moisture in the air precipitate out, helping to prevent condensate from entering the piping network.
Air receivers, also called compressed air tanks, will store the compressed air prior to it entering piping or other types of compressed air equipment.
Oil-Water Separators (OSC, WSD)
Oil-water separators capture the oil in a compressor’s condensate to allow for proper disposal in a safe and environmentally-friendly way.
Automatic condensate drainage that collects at multiple points in the compressed air system, including the compressor aftercooler, filter drains, refrigerant dryer drains, the bottom of the air receiver, and other low points in the system after compression. In many cases, drains are electronically controlled, monitoring condensate build-up with liquid level sensors that detect and know when to evacuate the condensate.
Adams-ISC also supplies air compressor replacement parts (filters, separators, oils, lubricants, fluids, service kits, etc.) and provides industrial air compressor service and repair including diagnostic testing, preventative maintenance, mobile service, rebuilds, reconditioning, and more. Please contact the Adams-ISC Services team for more information 605-342-3275.