Heidenhain – Linear, Angular, Rotary Encoders
ISC Companies and ISC Automation can supply the Heidenhain products listed on this page and others found on the Heidenhain website. For more information or for a product quote, please contact us by phone 763-559-0033, by email [email protected], or by filling out our online contact form.
Heidenhain products include linear and angular encoders, rotary encoders, digital readouts, and numerical controls for applications where the highest possible accuracy, reliable reproducibility, and repeatability are required. Heidenhain products are primarily used in high-precision machine tools, in plants for the production and processing of electronic components, and in automated systems and machines.
Linear Encoders (Sealed/Exposed) & Length Gauges
Incremental linear encoders determine current position by starting at a datum and counting measuring steps, or by subdividing and counting signal periods. Absolute linear encoders require no previous traverse to provide the current position value.
Heidenhain sealed linear encoders are protected from dust, chips, and splash fluids and are ideal for operation on machine tools. Heidenhain exposed linear encoders operate with no mechanical contact between the scanning head and the scale or scale tape. Applications include measuring machines, comparators, precision devices, and production equipment used in the semiconductor industry. Heidenhain length gauges feature integral guideways for the plunger and are used to monitor measuring equipment, in industrial metrology, and as position encoders.
- LC, LF, LS, LB Sealed Linear Encoders with full-size scale housing have a high tolerance to vibration
- LC, LF, LS Sealed Linear Encoders with slimline scale housing are used where installation space is limited
- LIP, LIF Exposed Linear Encoders are characterized by small measuring steps together with very high accuracy
- LIC, LIDA Exposed Linear Encoders are for high traversing speeds and large measuring lengths
- PP Exposed Linear Encoders two-coordinates with a planar phase-grating structure on a glass substrate
- AT, CT, MT, ST Length Gauges are characterized by high accuracy with large strokes
Heidenhain angle encoders are characterized by high accuracy values in the range of angular seconds and better and are used in applications such as rotary tables and swivel heads of machine tools, indexing heads, high-precision angle measuring tables, precision devices in angular metrology, antennas, and telescopes.
- RCN, RON, RPN Sealed Angle Encoders with Integral Bearing and Integrated Stator Coupling
- High static and dynamic accuracy for high-precision applications such as rotary tables and tilting axes.
- ROC, ROD, RON Sealed Angle Encoders with Integral Bearing
- With solid shaft for separate shaft coupling, suited for applications where higher shaft speeds and larger mounting tolerances are required.
- MRP, SRP Angle Encoder Modules / Assemblies for high-precision rotary axes
- MRP Angle Encoder Module: combination of angle encoder and bearing
- SRP Angle Encoder Module: combination of angle encoder, bearing, and motor
- ERP, ERO Modular Angle Encoders without Integral Bearing with Optical Scanning
- Low weight, compact dimensions permit high accuracies, integrated into machine elements/components
- ECA, ERA Modular Angle Encoders without Integral Bearing with Optical Scanning
- Intended for integration in machine elements or components
- ERM Modular Angle Encoders without Integral Bearing with Magnetic Scanning
- Magnetoresistive scanning principle makes these particularly tolerant to contamination
Heidenhain rotary encoders serve as measuring sensors for rotary motion, angular velocity, and when used in conjunction with mechanical measuring standards such as lead screws for linear motion. Applications include electrical motors, machine tools, printing machines, woodworking machines, textile machines, robots, elevators, and handling devices, as well as various types of measuring, testing, and inspection devices.
- ECN, EQN, ERN Rotary Encoders with Integral Bearing and Mounted Stator Coupling IP64 Protection
- Photoelectric operation, for simple measuring tasks or position and speed control on servo drives
- ECN, EQN, ERN Rotary Encoders with Integral Bearing and Mounted Stator Coupling IP40 Protection
- Photoelectric operation, specially designed for integration in motors
- ROC, ROQ, ROD Rotary Encoders with Integral Bearing for Separate Shaft Coupling
- ECI, EQI, EBI, ERO Rotary Encoders without Integral Bearing