Jaw type couplings from Lovejoy are offered in the industry’s largest variety of stock bore/keyway combinations. These couplings require no lubrication and provide highly reliable service for light, medium, and heavy duty electrical motor and internal combustion power transmission applications.
Lovejoy jaw type couplings generally consist of two hubs (available in sintered metal, aluminum, bronze, steel, stainless steel, and ductile iron), and an elastomer element, known as a spider or cushion (materials available include NBR SOX rubber, Urethane, Hytrel, and Bronze).
Applications include power transmission to industrial equipment such as pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, fans, generators, pumps, and conveyors.
- A complete jaw coupling assembly requires two hubs and one spider
- Jaw couplings accommodate for angular and parallel shaft misalignment
- Lovejoy jaw type couplings are available in 24 sizes
- Torque rating range from minimum 3.5 in-lbs (0.4 Nm) to maximum 170,004 in-lbs (19209 Nm)
- Bore size range of 1/8 in. (4.45mm) to 7 in. (178mm)
- Jaw coupling hubs are standard with one set screw
- Fail-safe, will still perform if elastomer fails
- No metal-to-metal contact
- Resistant to oil, dirt, sand, moisture, and grease
Note: Unless stated otherwise, product specifications for hub torque and horsepower ratings assume a SOX (NBR) rubber spider is being used.