Adjustable Speed Drives
ISC Companies and affiliate Adams-ISC are distributors of mechanical power transmission parts including adjustable speed drives. For more information about the brands we offer and/or pricing, please contact us by phone 763-559-0033, by email [email protected], or by filling out our online contact form.
Adjustable Speed Drives (ASDs), or Variable Speed Drives (VSDs), are used to control the speed of machinery. Many industrial processes, such as assembly lines, must operate at different speeds for different products. If a process calls for an adjustment of flow from a pump or fan, adjusting the speed during the process can help save energy.
Adjustable Speed Drives are used in a variety of industrial operations and can have ratings from a fraction of a horsepower to thousands of horsepower. They are based on mechanical or electrical techniques. Common mechanical drives include belted and traction. Electrical drives include AC, DC, Servo, eddy-current, wound-rotor, induction motor, DC, AC, servo, variable speed, and engineered.
ASDs are used for:
- Varying the speed of a motor-driven shaft
- Energy efficiency and cost savings
ASDs are used when:
- A slow startup speed is required to overcome high inertia upon startup
- Several finite-operating speeds are required
- Shaft speed needs to remain constant despite different loads
- Torque must be held constant with changing shaft speeds
- Two shafts need to be synchronized
Top Brands We Offer
Content on this page was created using excerpts from the Power Transmission Handbook (5th Edition), which is written and sold by the Power Transmission Distributor’s Association (PTDA).
You must be logged in to post a comment.